Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Explanatory Note

This blog has always in theory been a group blog. For a long time, however, Scott was the only one keeping it going and for a shorter time I have been the only one keeping it going.

Scott has however recently located someone else who is willing and able to contribute -- and posts from him have just appeared below. He has not chosen to identify himself as yet but I would nonetheless like to welcome him aboard. I have seven blogs of my own that I update daily so I have never been able to devote to this blog nearly as much attention as I would have liked. Another contributor is therefore very welcome as a helper in covering the many things that I undoubtedly miss.

From the beginning, all posts originating from me have had my name on them. That will continue.




Duty or Beauty?

Since 1898, The United States Military Academy has had the words "Duty, Honor, Country" emblazoned on its coat of arms but that cuts no ice in California, apparently.

On July 6th., I noted the way the word "beauty" had been used to replace "duty" in a plaque on the wall of a California Veterans' Administration facility.

I have now put up the original article that drew the matter to public attention. It is interesting to read what was behind it all. See here




Flag Update

This won't go down well in much of California:

"President Bush on Monday signed a bill that would bar condominium and homeowner associations from restricting how the American flag can be displayed...

It was passed unanimously by both the House and the Senate".

Source







D.C. Police Commander Grovels

Cmdr. Andy Solberg was so "insensitive" as to speak the plain truth. He reported that a group of murderers were black and that blacks were rare in Georgetown. I mentioned the matter on 13th. He was shunted from his job as a result of his truth-telling but he has now been reinstated. But he had to grovel first:

"I was wrong, the remarks were insensitive, and I have learned a lot in the past few weeks," he said Monday".

Source

No comments: