Friday, October 27, 2006

Deport the Mufti?



A Muslim leader is in hot water in Australia. The Mufti of Australia has said that "immodestly" dressed women invite rape. He said women were "weapons" used by "Satan" to control men and called them "meat". Pretty standard Muslim stuff, of course, but Australians seem to be less tolerant of Muslim nonsense than most:

"A leading Muslim cleric, Sheik Taj Dim al-Hilali, should be sacked and deported for comments which essentially excused young Muslim men who committed rape, federal Sex Discrimination Commissioner Pru Goward said today.

Source


I am the last person to defend a barbaric religion but it seems to me that the sheik is entitled to express his views without punishment for doing so. I myself don't have the Mufti's hangups and greatly enjoy seeing skimpily-dressed young women about the place but, if I had a daughter who came into much contact with Muslims, I think the Mufti's comments would make instructive reading for her.

No comments: