Sunday, August 26, 2007

Severe Limits on Telling the Truth about Islam

Black American Bob Parks comments:

"The column in question was about Geert Wilders of the "right-wing Freedom Party" in the Netherlands who called for a ban on the Qu'ran. According to the piece I cited, "He would also outlaw the book's use in the mosque and at home. Mr Wilders says the Qu'ran (Koran) is a fascist book which promotes violence and is similar to Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf."

I was called intolerant and even a racist by people both in the Netherlands as well as here in America. I predicted Mr. Wilders would subsequently have problems buying a life insurance policy after his remarks, and sure enough, he received the customary death threats.

Source

I have dipped into both the Koran and Mein Kampf myself and find that Mein Kampf is actually the more civilized of the two -- so what is being criticized here is a perfectly reasonable comment. They cannot argue reasonably against the comment because the violent and intolerant passages in the Koran are really there so irrelevant accusations of "racism" and threats are the best they can do.

Take the comment in Sura 4:89 about Non-Muslims: "They long that ye should disbelieve even as they disbelieve, that ye may be upon a level (with them). So choose not friends from them till they forsake their homes in the way of Allah; if they turn back (to enmity) then take them and kill them wherever ye find them, and choose no friend nor helper from among them" Even Hitler was not that blunt -- though he was just as genocidal in practice, of course.

The above passage is in my copy of the Koran and my copy was printed in India under the auspices of the Nizam of Hyderabad so I am pretty sure I have not been misled by a neocon plot.

I myself don't favor banning either the Koran or Mein Kampf but if you are going to ban the one the same principles should cause the other to be banned too. There is no end to the slaughters of Christians that have been carried out by Muslims. And Hitler's book IS banned in the Netherlands and in Germany.