Sunday, October 07, 2007

Another Babyish "Censorship" Wail from a Leftist

Leftists seem to be a very fragile bunch. It really seems to destroy Leftists if anyone challenges them. So they call any challenge to them "censorship" or an attack on their freedom of speech. I suppose that seeing they are so destroyed by criticism it does amount to censorship of a sort. It doesn't shut them up or prevent them from getting their wails into the media, though, so it is pretty strange censorship. They really should try to grow a backbone but they obviously have very little of that to start with so I guess it would be difficult for them.

The story below is about an Australian academic (John Buchanan) who did a "study" which tended to discredit the labor-laws of Australia's present conservative government. It was soon discovered, however, that he is a far-Leftist from way back (he even praises Chairman Mao) and quotations from one of his 2005 speeches were produced to show that:

"Dr Buchanan said last night his comments to the 2005 forum were made as a private citizen and his views had no impact on his research. [And pigs fly] "The views I expressed at Politics in the Pub were made as a private citizen and using this against me in my professional life is an attack on the freedom of speech," he said.

Source

I suppose that if what I believed was as contrary to reality as most Leftism is, I would need everybody to be supportive of me too.