Friday, October 26, 2007

Local "Hate Speech" (1)

I see that this blog has been "blessed" by having some of "the old gang" return to it -- complete with their accustomed foul-mouthed abuse. I very rarely ban any commenter or delete any comments but I will not tolerate personal abuse. So I do IP ban such commenters.

I have two options in IP bans. I can block comments from a specific computer or I can ban all computers in a certain area. To avoid inconveniencing innocent bystanders, I usually do only the narrow bans. The most obnoxious commenter here has been moving from one computer to another in a given area, however. As I ban one, he moves to the next. In future therefore I will use the wider bans on him.

My apologies to anyone inconvenienced by my response to this sick person.




Local "Hate Speech" (2)

I have recently been "honoured" by being included with Iain Hall as the subject of a long and very abusive tirade from an obscure Australian Leftist blogger who can't even handle line-breaks properly. He calls himself The Happy Revolutionary. If he is a happy one, I would like to meet an unhappy one!

Fellow Queensland blogger, Iain Hall, has undertaken the tedious task of fisking our revolutionary so I will take that task as largely done. I might observe, however, that the Revolutionary is so obviously biased that he could in fact encourage some people to read what I have actually written -- and I of course think that is a very good thing. One thing in his diatribe that did peeve me was his claim that I have only quoted others in my coverage of the James Watson "African IQ" affair. He obviously missed this.

I gather that part of the Revolutionary's ire stems from the fact that his past vituperation has got him IP banned from commenting on Western Heart -- where I am a co-blogger. If any of his brainless abuse pops up on any of my own blogs, I will IP ban him too. I very rarely IP ban anyone but why those whom I do ban think I would tolerate personal abuse on my own blog I have no idea.