Tuesday, July 01, 2008



More on the shutdown of anti-Obama blogs

There is quite a nice readable article here on the shutdown. I liked the following comment:
"Johnson and the other people interviewed for this article all agreed that Google was partly to blame for the outages. It was because of the search giant's "guilty until proven innocent" approach, they said, that allowed the attackers to shut down the blogs so easily.

"My biggest objection is not necessarily that these people did this, but that Blogger had the policy that basically locks you out," Snedeker said. "In other words you're guilty until proven innocent, instead of the other way around, and that was what frustrated me."

"I understand the need if you have some complaints from people that you need to investigate it," Johnson said. "But you also have to make sure that the person filing the complaint is legitimate."

I must say I feel a bit cheesed: Why wasn't my Obama blog attacked? Not worth attacking?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not all that surprising when you realize who is one of googles biggest stock holders. None other than fat Algore!

Anonymous said...

we should all just use a specific, but common word to represent obama, then use that word in our blogs, i.e. we choose the word, "car" to represent him, "Car said he's against terrorism, but he wants to meet with terrorist supporters". Let "googil"(purposely mispelled, just in case), go crazy trying to block it; and, if they do, we follow up with a different word.

The Times Observer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Times Observer said...

I cannot thank you enough for bringing this to our attention. Because of this, I'm going to have my header removed from my blogger site so no one flags my blog.

I don't need that type of headache!

timesobserver.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Try Harder! You haven't been vituprative enough. Far too academic for a true hater--hater,isn't that what anyone who has the temerity to even mildly disagrees with the Obamassiah called? You had better straighten up and fly right or we're
gonna revoke your merit badges! Get out of the gutter and down to the sewer so that you earn some really well-deserved rage from the true believers. Just as you are, I'm really disappointed that you didn't "make the cut." Oh, well, there is always another day.....

Anonymous said...

Nobody plays dirty like the left plays dirty. Oh I know how they like to complain about Tricky Dick and his bag of tricks but those tricks all came from their camp in the first place and they've learned a great many new tricks since then.