Saturday, August 16, 2008




Must not say bad things about Obama

But OK to insult and attack Jews:
"A man selling controversial t-shirts that refer to Senator Barack Obama as a slave was attacked in his New York City boutique. The man, known as "Apollo Braun," claims that two African-American men entered his store Wednesday afternoon and shouted "Who do you call a slave, you f***ing Jew?!" before assaulting him.

Last month Braun - real name Doron Braunshtein - made news when a woman threatened to sue him after she was assaulted while wearing one his shirts that bore the words "Obama is my slave." At the time, Braun defended the shirts, saying that they reflect the views of "ordinary WASPs [white anglo-saxon protestants]."

According to an account from his publicist, the two men worked together - one grabbed Braun's hands while the other kicked him in the testicles. Now, after experiencing the physical fallout for himself, the shirt peddler is reconsidering his merchandise.

Source

I would have thought that the slogan was simply silly.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The government did nothing to supress his free speech. If you use free speech to the point people assault you, its your own fault.

Anonymous said...

I agree, the slogan really doesn't make any sense.
The odd parts of the story are that some woman actually sued because she bought one of these shirts and was harassed. You can do that? If I buy my daughter who is going into high school Hannah Montana clothes and send her to high school, if the other kids tease her I can sue the manufacturer and/or the retailer? How F'ed up is that.
The other strange thing is that a tee shirt seller has a publicist.

Anonymous said...

If you use free speech to the point people assault you, its your own fault.

If you dress sexy and you get raped, it's your own fault.

If you own nice things to the point that people break in and rob you, it's your own fault.

If you with a lisp, wear flamboyant clothes, and prance around like a pansy and people assault you and call you a bundle of sticks, it's your own fault.

Great logic! I can do anything I want to you, and then blame you! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Eyes.

Eyes who?

Eyes yo new president.

Anonymous said...

Actually the slogan makes sense to me, sort of.

Working for the government used to mean Public Service, and those that did it, were called Public Servants.

And Public Servants are our slaves, at least in Theory!

Mobius

Anonymous said...

The odd parts of the story are that some woman actually sued because she bought one of these shirts and was harassed.

According to the article, the woman threatened to sue.

I am skeptical about this though. Here you have a really badly made tee-shirt that sells for $69. If a boutique has a "publicist" making statements about legal matters such as assaults and lawsuits, I wonder if these incidents even happened.

No boutique in New York is not going to have a secutiry camera, and yet none is mentioned. The guy claims to have received death threats, and yet no mention is made of a police report or police reaction. The "woman" that threatened to sue him is "unnamed" in the articles.

Sorry, but I am highly skeptical of this.

Anonymous said...

"Great logic! I can do anything I want to you, and then blame you! I love it!" Great logic StanB. Now I can walk through any neighborhood and hurl epithets at the residents and anything that happens to me is their fault because I have free speech, right. Well I can tell you right now any police officer would call you an idiot for doing it and would think you deserved what you got!

Anonymous said...

I think it would have been better (and even less painful) if Braunshtein would have sold a shirt with:

IF McCAIN'S ELECTED YOU'LL ONLY BE TORTURED FOR 4 YEARS INSTEAD OF 5-1/2!"