Tuesday, January 06, 2009



The Ever Inconsistent Left

Post below recycled from Riehl World:
"Michael Calderone has the unedited Kathy Griffin CNN video at Politico. Griffin says something at the end that suggests to me maybe she didn't think it was going out over the air at that point. But it's what Griffin, somewhat of a heroine to the Left for her "Suck it," Jesus-related remark actually accomplishes in this latest episode that I find interesting. She says, "I don't go to your job and knock the dicks out of your mouth" to a male heckler.

The main point of the joke is to demean a man for engaging in male homosexual activity, whether promiscuously, or for pay, or not. That is the real cut of the joke, after all. You're a guy and you literally "suck." Ha Ha! Only it isn't gay bashing because I'm a liberal.

Also, could someone say that to a female heckler on national television and ever work anywhere, again? It's doubtful. Somehow I don't think Anderson Cooper would be laughing then. He'd probably be calling the network heads to apologize before the cameras even went off.

It's the moral inconsistency of the Left that often annoys me the most when one or another of the usual groups climbs up on the soapbox of the day. Their rhetoric just doesn't track to the reality.

Source

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy Griffin is just a foul-mouthed skank anyway. They were asking for trouble when they let her host. This isn't a question of how funny it was depending on whether it is said to a man or woman or said by a liberal or not. The bigger problem is more and more people accept this kind of language.

Cursing and poor language skills seem to be part of the normal atmosphere now, and I really don't like it.

Anonymous said...

This post brings up what I've long noticed. Among all the people I know, I've found that my liberal friends are more likely to call someone gay in order to insult them than my conservative friends are. In fact, I can't really think of one time that a conservative friend has used gay/homo/etc. as an insult. It's only my liberal friends who do that.

Of course, whenever I point out to them that insulting people by calling them gay is hypocritical of them since they are all for gay marriage/etc., they always come back and say, "I would NEVER use those terms as insults." I'm gonna have to start carrying around a tape record to catch them, hehe.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a clever retort to a heckler - wish I'd thought of it.
Much better than Michael Richard's outburst.

Anonymous said...

Could she have meant it for "limp-wristed" Anderson Cooper, who in spite of todays attitudes towards gays, still refuses to come out of the closet? C'mon Andy, we all know it.

BTW, he's the "son" of Gloria ($$$) Vanderbuilt.

Anonymous said...

I never care for Kathy Griffin, she's the media's problem, not mine. I never did like the look of her teeth, nose and the weird way she looks, yikes!!
In polite term, liberals are subhuman parasites that suck the life out of everything.
They're crude, foul and nasty. Far more ignorant than anyone else I know.

Anonymous said...

You're right about liberals, yet they are so intolerant of others who do the same things they do. How typical of the left. Do as we say, not as we do!