Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Don Surber tells it like it is

We read:
"I do not want civil discourse

For a decade, from the election of Bush 43 forward, the Left has lied and cheated as it tried to return to power. Al Gore made a mockery out of the American electoral system by being a spoilsport over Florida, which Bush indeed won by 537 votes.

Dan Rather forged a document to try to derail Bush’s re-election. Twice Democrats stole U.S. senators from the Republicans. After voting to support the war to get by the 2002 election, many Democrats quickly soured on the war.

The profane protests were cheered by liberals who misattributed “dissent is the highest form of patriotism”to Thomas Jefferson; the words belong to the late historian Howard Zinn.

Once in power, liberals were the opposite of gracious. For two years now, I have been called ignorant, racist, angry and violent by the left. The very foul-mouthed protesters of Bush dare to now label my words as “hate speech.”

Last week, the left quickly blamed the right for the national tragedy of a shooting spree by a madman who never watched Fox News, never listened to Rush Limbaugh and likely did not know who Sarah Palin is. Fortunately, the American public rejected out of hand that idiotic notion that the right was responsible.

Rather than apologize, the left wants to change the tone of the political debate. The left suddenly wants civil discourse.

Bite me.

The left wants to play games of semantics.

Bite me.

The left wants us to be civil — after being so uncivil for a decade.

Bite me.

There is grown-up work to do now. Liberals ran up the federal credit card, destroyed the American medical system and undermined the rule of law — which is the foundation of capitalism — with a bunch of unconstitutional fiats from the president and his bureaucracy.

The economy is a mess. The president “inherited” a 7.6% unemployment rate. It’s now 9.4% — after we spent a record $787 billion on a stimulus.

I was not consulted on that stimulus. I had a very good argument against it. I said the money supply was too large and printing more money would fail. I said let the economic downturn run its course. Lefties were too busy celebrating the 2008 election to listen.

When people protested lefties made vulgar remarks about tea-bagging and giggled. So screw you and your civil discourse. I don’t want to hear it. I have been screamed at for 10 years.

It’s my turn now. I am not going to scream back. But I refuse to allow anyone to dictate what I say or how I say it. I refuse to allow the same foul-mouthed, foul-spirited foul people who dumped on me to now try to tell me what I may or may not say.

My free speech matters more than the feelings of anyone on the left. You don’t like what I say? Tough.

I will not allow people to label my words Hate Speech or try to lecture me on civility. I saw the lefty signs. The left’s definition of civil discourse is surreal.

We have a terribly unfit president who has expanded government control beyond not only what is constitutional but what is healthy for our freedom.

Indeed, this call for civil discourse is itself a direct threat to my free speech. So screw you. You don’t like my words? You don’t like my tone? You feel threatened?

Too bad. No. Actually, that is what I want. I want the lefties to feel bad. I want them to feel hurt. I want them to cry to their mommies.

That way the field will be cleared so we grown-ups can fix the nation and the economy. If you can’t put up with a little excrement, get the hell out of the barn.

Source

6 comments:

sig said...

While his words may not be eloquent, the message is perfect. I only wish more people would take his stance. But more importantly, I wish more people would actually stand by that stance--most cave in to public pressure.

-sig

Anonymous said...

To Mr. Surber i say, BRAVO!

APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE!!!

Anonymous said...

So long as the American people remain addicted to political correctness, people who speak the truth will be hounded. We are already seeing the opinions of some people being called "hate speech" simply because they don't conform to PC. The American sheeple don't realize how close they are to losing their so-called free speech. In fact, PC has already voided much of it and the fools don't even see it.

Anonymous said...

See the truth and reveal it for what it is.

The hate that is evidenced in the streets along with the biased media in order to bring about change in the street rather than the ballot box is obvious.

It is time to vote the haters out.

Anonymous said...

The useless act of voting is how the elites keep the masses anesthetized and under control.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Once again that time has come.

Anonymous said...

Expose the darkness of the lies of the left to light of the truth and those untruths will disolve before your eyes as they have no answer to the truth.

It starts out small but eventually the MSM will catch on if they realise their advertising revenue is at stake.

PC is not Political Correctness but Politcal Control.