Friday, February 03, 2012

Must not condemn flag burners

Australia. The flag burners were Aborigines (blacks)
"A Labor [party] politician last night last night slammed her colleague for calling a group of children who burned the Australian flag "little pricks".

Marion Scrymgour hit back at Rob Knight after he made the remark during a radio interview on Monday. "His comments are not helpful at all, and I don't think Rob's little army should carry on this emotional debate," she said on Facebook. Ms Scrymgour was responding to a post from one of Mr Knight's supporters, congratulating him for his stance.

Mr Knight last night said he stood by his comments. "I absolutely condemn the burning of our flag," he said. "I don't believe any cause has ever been served well by burning any flag."

The minister was inundated with public support yesterday with scores of Territorians flooding the NT News website and social networking sites to back the politician over his controversial remarks.

SOURCE

8 comments:

Bird of Paradise said...

If you realy must burna flag burn the UNITED NATIONS flag

Dr. No said...

One of the first signs, and one of the surest, that a nation is in serious moral decline, is when the people lose respect for their own national symbol, their flag. It is the ultimate sign of disrespect.

John Lennon said...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

--John Lennon

Anonymous said...

Hey John, Athiest nations have sentanced tens of millions to death and torture. Imagine if there were no countries and you couldn't escape their barbarism.

Anonymous said...

@Dr No- Lots of the people whose ancestors were in countries BEFORE WHITE PEOPLE SHOWED UP don't think of it as "their" flag. Native people didn't invite you and would likely be better off if you lots had stayed at home and trashed your own lands and killed your own people. Just a thought...

Now me, I'm pretty white (90% or more at least) and live in the USA. I've served in the USMC and I love my nation. I love the ideals it is built upon. I really love the Bill Of Rights. But as a person that reads history I have come to the realization that I really hate my government. So if I come to the point that I need to make a statement in public about how much the political class in this country sucks (and they suck a lot) burning a flag is one of the finest ways to get the attention of large numbers of Americans that have become too stupid not to be easily distracted by shiny objects.

Anonymous said...

I dislike the use of vulgar language in public discourse.
I dislike those who cannot recognise that burning a flag is a legitimate expression of political speech.
And I dislike that people feel that the best way to get attention is to do something that is intentionally offensive to many people.

Bird on a Wire said...

Sometimes it takes being smacked on the side of the head with a 2x4 to get people's attention, metaphorically that is.

Go Away Bird said...

If these wackos want to burn the flag they should at least wrap themselves in it first