Tuesday, September 16, 2014




Calls for British TV star to be fired after  tweet about  Dogs' Home fire

Jokes are VERY risky these days

Hundreds of Coronation Street fans have called for Jack P Shepherd to be sacked after he made jokes about the Manchester Dogs' Home fire which claimed the lives of 60 animals.

The actor, 26, who plays David Platt in the ITV soap, was forced into an apology after causing uproar on Twitter when he said: 'I have a million 'hot dog' jokes'.

When people responded with complaints and messages of disbelief he added: 'You guys need to lighten up. #GetItLightenUp.'

Hours later when it became known how many animals have perished in the fire on Thursday night, he issued a grovelling apology.

He said: 'I sincerely apologise for any offence I have caused. This was not intended to be a malicious tweet and I didn't consider the offence it would cause.

'At the time I didn't realise the scale of the tragedy but that doesn't excuse my behaviour. I now realise how insensitive I have been.

'I have made a donation to the MCR dogs home and I'm very sorry for my behaviour.'

SOURCE


No comments: